Welcome to Clerkenwellbeing for massage Clerkenwell and massage therapy EC1.
Massage Therapy Clerkenwell EC1
What is massage?
There are many different styles of massage although all involve the manipulating of layers of muscles and connective tissue.
What can a massage therapist help with?
• Soft tissue health – massage rehydrates, softens, and increases circulation to soft tissue.
• Stressed nervous systems – massage acts on the nervous system to counteract the body’s response to stress, relaxing muscle tension and allowing heart rate, blood pressure and circulation to return towards normal.
• Sleep – many people sleep better after a massage, which helps the body heal and renews emotional reserves.
• Pain relief – massage relieves pain, and even though temporarily, it reduces stress by giving you some control over your situation.
• Relaxation – massage helps you become aware of unconsciously held tension, and how it feels to relax. This helps you recognise and release tension later, before it creates a problem.
• Emotional ‘holding patterns’ – habitual reactions to life sometimes overwhelming events may result in areas of tension
What to expect
We offer a wide range of different massage therapies, including
• Deep tissue
• Sports massage
• Myofascial release
How many massage treatments you need depends on your general health, when the pain or discomfort started and what caused it. For long-term benefits you usually need a series of massages at regular intervals. Follow-up massage in times of stress can help keep old pain from flaring up. You may find massage so beneficial that you make it a regular part of your life.