Yoga & Meditation Day Retreat
Yoga | Pranayama | Observation of the Natural Breath Meditation | Loving Kindness Meditation
When: Sunday, 14th July 2019
Spend a day relaxing and rejuvenating the body and mind with a series of guided meditations, deep relaxations, gentle postures and energising breath practice. Learn Observation of the Natural Breath and Loving Kindness Meditation.
We try our best not to let stress and strain accumulate, however there is often a build-up of tension in the body and mind as we deal with the demands of daily life. The day is designed to de-stress, detox, release and restore as we practice yoga with gentleness and compassion.
This course will integrate various aspects of yoga for complete wellbeing and will be enjoyed by those who wish to practice in a holistic, authentic and integrated way.
The day will include:
- Deep relaxation of the body and mind with a traditional meditation practiced lying down.
- Gentle stretching and movement of the body through the practice of restorative postures.
- Pranayama breathing with deep inhalation and exhalation, directing the breath to every cell in the body through a sequence of simple but powerful exercises.
- Introduction to Observation of the Natural Breath Meditation and Loving Kindness Meditation through guided practice, both techniques are central to yoga and mindfulness traditions.
- A short theory session that explains key principles in the system of yoga and gives an introduction to its history, practices and purpose.
With two experienced yoga teachers, Christoph Heintzeler and Lorna MacPhail from Traditional Yoga, to guide you through this workshop you will feel supported and nurtured throughout this event!
Recordings will be provided for home practice.
Suitable for beginners.
Take advantage of the early bird price of £45 until 7th July.
Tickets will be £50 thereafter.
(Bursaries for low income individuals available. Please contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org)
This yoga workshop is run in affiliation with Traditional Yoga www.traditionalyoga.co.uk