Carla is a 500hrs Advanced Accredited Yoga Teacher & registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Her practice is in the lineage of Krishnamacharya, rooted in Ashtanga; incorporating Buddhist / Taoist philosophies).
With her love of travel & exploring new destinations; she started practicing Yoga well over a decade ago whilst working in the Travel Industry, as a consultant, people manager & company Performance / Learning & Development Coach, (NLP Master Practitioner).
Like many of us she’s experienced being in pressured, demanding work environments where she found a regular Yoga practice the perfect antidote, whilst it also awakened & continues to deliver much more! Exploring & studying different forms of Yoga has enabled her to develop her teaching style, drawing from Ashtanga Vinyasa, Vinyasa Flow, Jivamukti, Iyengar as well as incorporating more restorative forms; Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra & Meditation.
Her main reason for teaching yoga is enabling ‘space’ for people to ‘tune into’, awaken & access our own full Potential, allowing for transformation into the person we wish to be & Truly are!
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Saturdays 10.15 – 11.15
- A creative flow of ‘asanas’ (postures), linked together by synchronising the heating, detoxifying (Ujjayi) breath with intelligent, dynamic movement and alignment. Strengthening and toning, whilst releasing tension and toxins from both body and mind. Ending in deep relaxation (Savasana), coming back to a place of centre and ease.
- Themes and intentions are tied into each class, along with sensitive hands on adjustments to facilitate safe and deeper movements, for full extension and expansion.
- Open Level ~ Beginners welcome ~ (some basic Yoga posture and / or some previous mat exercise experience class would be beneficial to enjoy and get the most from the class). Please don’t hesitate to contact Carla directly if unsure or if you’ve any questions (details below)
“Allowing Time for You”
Tuesdays 19.15 – 20.30
Saturdays 11.30 – 12.45
- Yin Yoga Classes ~ giving a truly nourishing practice and deeper release of physical and mental tension.
- In Yin Yoga we work mindfully through a series of supported postures which are held for longer periods of time, usually 3-5 mins; working deeply into the muscles, joints and targeting the deep connective tissue and facia of the body. Whilst, specific poses stimulate the meridians, (energy channels) and organs of the body, aiding in physical, emotional and mental imbalances, increasing our overall sense of Wellbeing and contentment.
- Increasing flexibility, opening up those tight areas of the body, including back and hips.
- Reducing overall stress levels, replenishing our energy and boosting our immune system.
- It can be particularly helpful if suffering from fatigue, depleted mental and physical energy.
- Yin Yoga Classes are the prefect balance for your Vinyasa / Dynamic Yoga practice AND antidote for today’s busy, adrenaline fuelled (Yang), life styles.
- Open Level ~Beginners Welcome~ Both new and existing practitioners welcome. Open to those wishing to improve flexibility, joint mobility and to those looking for a bit of de-stress and ‘You’ time!
Yin Yang Yoga
“Yin Yang – The best of both!”
Mondays 18.15 – 19.15
~ Vinyasa Flow & Releasing Yin Yoga ~
- The perfect balance to our ‘On the Go Life Styles’.
- Understanding the need for dynamic movement (Yang) but also to slow down to replenish and allow for deep rest (Yin).
- Starting with a flowing, Vinyasa Yoga (Yang), interlaced with Qi Gong and Tai Chi inspired Yoga Flows; getting the body and stagnant energy moving.
- Then flowing effortlessly into second of half of our class; a wonderfully nourishing, releasing and restoring Yin Yoga practice. Mindful long held floor based stretches (3-5 mins); targeting the deep connective tissue and fascia of the body.
- Resulting in a delicious release and ‘letting go’ of those tight held areas of tension we all carry and store; whilst increasing our flexibility, replenishing depleted energy and rebalancing our nervous system.
- Leave feeling fully balanced, naturally energised and lighter, with a greater sense of harmony and effortless ease, both inside and out!
- Starting your working week as you mean to go on!
A Welcoming Mixed Ability Level Class: Beginners Welcome.
(To ensure you enjoy and get the most from your class, please advise Carla prior of any specific injuries, conditions, pregnancy. Thank You).